Winflex® Optima Vario is a special FULL ADHESIVE membrane for fast and reliable sealing of abutment joints on windows and exterior doors in accordance with the recommendations of the RAL Quality Assurance Association installation guidelines for windows and front doors and DIN 4108-7. Winflex Optima Vario has a special structure allowing it to stretch in the transverse direction for optimal absorption of structural movement. This directional flexibility guarantees durable sealing of abutment joints.
Winflex® Optima Vario allows the abutment joint to dry out from the inside or outside. Depending on weather conditions, since the Winflex® Optima Vario water vapour diffusion characteristics allow it to adapt to the physical properties of the building structure, thus assisting optimal drying of the abutment joints. The same Winflex Optima Vario tape is usable for internal and external sealing, in both cases blocking moisture from penetrating the joint. The underside of the self-adhesive tape is full-surface coated with the BOSIG High Tack adhesive, which is an extremely aggressive adhesive. This allows application even at low temperatures. The split cover foil on this self-adhesive layer allows particularly easy and time saving application. Winflex Optima Vario may be plastered and painted over and is fully concealed after installation.
Winflex Optima Vario offers you the following advantages:
- A single tape for internal and external abutment joint sealing no danger of confusion, reliable planning, reducing stocks by half.
- Numerous variants for any installation situation.
- Optimal drying of the abutment joint.
- Absorbs structural movements thanks to transverse stretch-ability / flexibility.
- Durable sealing ensured.
- You can paint and/or plaster it over.
- No fluid adhesive systems to soil the window surfaces.
- Good compatibility with acrylic glass and polycarbonate.
- Strong adhesion of the adhesive strip to all types of window frames.
- Full-surface self-adhesive tape underside with application-friendly, split cover foil, equipped with the BOSIG High Tack adhesive.
- Perfect handling and optimal workability due to soft and pliable consistency to match all structural conditions.
- No additional adhesives required for application.
- Rendering application particularly easy and time-saving.
- Especially suited for wooden frame construction.